/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.14-gdb.py?

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 17:36:51 PDT 2010

Hello all
I've recently started using gcc-4.5.0 and one of the features of it is that it installs
a python script called libstdc++.so.6.0.14-gdb.py into /usr/lib. This causes ldconfig
to complain every time it is run, so pretty much every one of my build logs has a line
in it that looks like this:

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.14-gdb.py is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

Does anyone know anything about this file? What's it for? Is it needed? I'm tempted to
just remove it but I thought I'd try and find out a bit more about it first.

Andy