lfs-7.0-rc1 glibc-2.14 rpc

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 9 12:16:35 PDT 2011

On 09/09/2011 19:11, Walter Webb wrote:
> I don't know if it's my own problem or a general one, but the directory
> /usr/include/rpc contains one file; netdb.h.  /tools/include/rpc also has
> the one file.  I discovered this when trying to install portmap in a
> completed system.

Yes, this has been reported previously.  It's because upstream Glibc no
longer installs the rpc headers.  Upstream now expect folks to install
libtirpc http://sourceforge.net/projects/libtirpc/).  That said,
libtirpc itself depends on some of the Glibc rpc headers, or did last
time I tried to install it.

Probably another issue to sort out before LFS-7.0 final (either put
libtirpc or a pointer to it in the book).

Regards,

Matt.