chroot can't find sh

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Thu Nov 7 18:25:39 PST 2002

I post this here since its not an official LFS book install.  I am trying to
execute chroot /mnt/lfs after installing using the LFS 4.0 CD.  I get:

chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: No such file or directory

Whatever!  Not only do I have the /bin/sh symlink, but I also have /bin/bash
and it works just find from the prompt, from any directory ( I can call bash
either directly or using sh without a problem)  Its definately not a problem
with the chroot command, Im root, $PATH is correct, command completion
works...it just cant call sh (it is the default if no command option is passed
to chroot) I try:

chroot /mnt/lfs /bin/bash

To try to fool it and see if its a problem with the symlink, I get same error
with /bin/bash in place of /bin/sh

Any help?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org