Errata for the 7.0 Version of the LFS Book
Known Security Vulnerabilities
A code injection vulnerability (CVE-2011-3597) is present in Perl-5.14.2. Perl should be recompiled with the security fix patch.
- Glibc doesn't install some RPC or NIS headers that are required
by some BLFS packages (notably NFS). The following commands should
be run following the 'make install' in chapter 6's Glibc
cp -v ../glibc-2.14.1/sunrpc/rpc/*.h /usr/include/rpc
cp -v ../glibc-2.14.1/sunrpc/rpcsvc/*.h /usr/include/rpcsvc
cp -v ../glibc-2.14.1/nis/rpcsvc/*.h /usr/include/rpcsvc
- In section 7.7.1, the text refers to /etc/sysconfig/init_params. This should read /etc/sysconfig/rc.site.
- In the bootscripts /etc/init.d/functions file, the following lines
should be deleted:
# Set any needed environment variables e.g. HEADLESS
- One of the coreutils tests can fail because of a bug in how the gnulib testsuite handles daylight saving time changes. This can be fixed by applying the test fix patch.
- The permissions of /run/shm will prevent ordinary users creating
files. This affects a few BLFS packages such as PulseAudio. The
following commands should be run as the
rootuser in a completed system if you experience this problem:
sed -i.bak '/mkdir.*shm/a\ chmod 1777 /run/shm' /etc/rc.d/init.d/mountvirtfs