Errata for BLFS Version 7.5
- There are several references throughout the book to $QTDIR.
This reference should be $QT4DIR. Packages that are affected
include Grantlee, Libdbusmenu-qt, Qca, Qjson, Polkit-Qt,
Automoc4, Phonon, and Akonadi. The reference at the end of the page
'Starting KDE' should also be $QT4DIR.
- A few dependencies have been overlooked for OpenJDK. Attr and gtk+2
(instead of gtk+3) are required. And with the written instructions, nss
- In the Xorg Fonts instructions "Install all of the packages by
running...", the line "rm -rf $packagedir" may exit with error and
stop the build, if not executed as root. One fix is to add "as_root" at
the beginning of the line.
- In the Qt5 dependencies, ruby should be added as an optional
dependency. It is required to build QtWebkit
Known Security Vulnerabilities
- Important. There is a critical security flaw in
openssl versions 1.0.1 to 1.0.1f. Use the most current
instructions for openssl in the BLFS development book.